Thursday, July 14, 2011

Second Quarter in Review



The blog A Peculiar Influence was born out of a New Year's resolution I made to read a classic novel each week of 2011, and this post proves that I'm halfway done! The second quarter consisted of (from bottom to top) All Quiet on the Western Front, Jane Eyre, Madame Bovary, Fahrenheit 451, Hard Times, Last of the Mohicans, Tess of the d'Urbervilles, The Grapes of Wrath, The Bell Jar, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Sense and Sensibility, Gulliver's Travels and Cranford.  If you're a new reader of this blog and want to catch up, my introductory post is here and the first quarter in review can be found here. I originally decided to start the year by reading all the books on my shelf that I hadn't read yet. Of the 13 books pictured above, I only owned 2 on January 1, 2011; so my "to read" list didn't get much shorter this quarter, but as of now there are only 7 unread novels on my shelf so I should be caught up soon. A couple of the books in the photo (Madame Bovary and Cranford) are actually stunt doubles, Madame Bovary because I sold my copy right after reading it, and Cranford because I don't own a copy so I read it as an epub...which forces me to point out that the dreaded e-reader makes its first appearance this quarter.

No comments: